Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Cat Stevens - Father and Son

WATCHING ZAK REACT TO MY "COACHES" VOICE TODAY HIT ME HARD. HE WAS TRYING EVERYTHING TO FIND THAT VOICE AND RIGHT AT THAT MOMENT I REALIZED. . . THAT THIS WAS JUST A GAME.
-CUELLAR

"I was once like you are now, and I know that its not easy,
To be calm when youve found something going on.
But take your time, think a lot,
Why, think of everything you've got.
For you will still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not."
-CAT STEVENS "FATHER AND SON"


3 comments:

Gonzo said...

Geez, quit stressing on such a mundane observation. Zak WILL NOT be traumatized by your 'coaches voice'. It's not like he's hearing your mentors when you were playing. The kid will be fine; and before you know it he be thinking you're full of it when you're coaching him. Have a Blue Moon and chill.

dc said...

typical dodger fan. unable to understand "abstract" thoughts. if you read carefully you would see that i was making reference to "coach cuellar" stressing over a "game" and realizing that in the end everything was going to be okay. c'mon gonzo! do you need george dubya specifics? coach cuellar + need to win game + papi's on fire + my boy's curious face = HEY, EVERYTHING GOING TO BE ALRIGHT. peace gonzo!

-A said...

Dodger fan maybe, typical...hope not. Anyways, I too often find myself wrapped up in "the daily grind" (whatever that means), rather than truly appreciating what is really important. I always kick myself (literally) when I realize that what I've been wrapped up in quickly loses it's importance when I come home. I'm feeling you DC.