Monday, July 28, 2008

On Anger

Interesting blog entry from Frank Wilson:

I used to get angry a lot, but I realized something about anger one day that pretty much cured me of it in a snap. What I realized was that I got angry because (a) I was hurt and (b) couldn’t really do anything about it. The anger was an expression of impotence. The one thing I could do about what had hurt me was rant about it. No sooner had I realized that than I asked myself, “Why bother?” It didn’t do any good. And it felt awful. There is nothing pleasant about feeling angry. Of course, there’s nothing pleasant about feeling hurt, either, but if you face up to the discomfort, it fades after a while. Anger just prolongs it, like picking at a scab

2 comments:

AtomicTaTa said...

Nice excerpt, definitely worth it to read the whole entry. It may prove invaluable to go back and read this in the upcoming months!

JohnnyQ said...

kisses